Jimmy

I forgot to add. I you paralell the out puts you must put a 1 ohm several
watt resistor in series with each amp output or risk frying the amp. You
also need some way of closely matching the gain setting s of each amp. In
general it is a PITA and not suitable for any practical use.

"Jimmy" wrote in message
YEs, you can paralell them, I done it and it worked OK. However driving

two
separate speakers worked even better. Obviously you are wanting some

serious
volume. Just paralelling the amps will give you 3db more. At the levels we
are talking about I doubt if you will here the difference between one amp
and two. You Will hear a substanial difference if you feed each amp into
their own speakers.

"Peter Mulvey" wrote in message
Hi all,

Anybody have any thoughts on the feasibility of bridging a 2 x 50 W tube
power (guitar) amp? It's a Marshall 9005.

Schematic of one side of the amp is available he

http://www.drtube.com/schematics/marshall/9005.gif

I would like to use this amp to drive a large cab, and 100W would be

nice.
could strap the inputs together using the link terminals, but what to do
with the OT outputs. Is it common practice to bridge tube amps, or is

this
just a plain bad idea.

Many thanks for your thoughts.......

Pete.