Posted to rec.audio.pro
gregz gregz is offline

Default APOLOGIES TO ALL: PIEZO TWEETERS DO SOUND LIKE ****!!!!

Richard Kuschel wrote:
On Wednesday, February 15, 2017 at 9:13:13 AM UTC-7, Scott Dorsey wrote:
Snip

Now... Jon Dhalquist with the DQ-10 actually did use a piezo tweeter and
did actually get some benefit from it. But he was crossing them over at
18 KHz or so and using them only as a supertweeter in order to add a little
more air.

A friend on mine had a pair of those Dahlquists and they were a good sounding system.
I knew that they had piezo tweeters, but wasn't awate that they were crossed that high.
A piezo will respond to a 40kHz signal but all that is going to do is annoy the dog.

I have a piezo in a mini box, 555 oscillator, used to test animals and
people.

Greg