Nousaine

Default Hi-fi, High-end and Multi-channel reproduction

"Dennis Moore" wrote:

It is well known that sound directly from the front hit both
ears at once and make direction hard to determine. Front,
top, behind being somewhat confused in this situation. What
makes this Quigley episode so firmly from the rear I cannot
say. But it does this for a few other people I know, not just
for me.

Dennis

With a 2-channel phantom center it is well known that front/rear confusion can
happen. Apparently because there is no interaural timing difference. However as
the earlier poster noted this is a phantom error because real sounds from the
rear will have a frequency contour.