Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Listed Specifications for Guitar Speaker Frequency Range

On Fri, 26 Apr 2019 18:31:58 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Don Pearce wrote:

Nope. Didn't understand a word of that.

** Really ??

So " I squared R " has no meaning in your world ?

The resistive losses that increase a speaker's mid band,
resistive impedance beyond the DC ohms value are also mysterious
to you ?

A multiplying power meter, using analogue multiplier ICs,
is also a mystery ?

Where have you been hiding Don.

Under a rock?

I squared R has plenty of meaning. Unfortunately a speaker is not an
R. It's an X.

** However, the copper voice coil IS a simple resistance hence I squared R applies. You did not read my post.

Your measurement method, applied to a pure capacitor, would
apparently yield a power level.

** Not at all, an ideal capacitor has a resistance of zero.

Try reading my post, it is very clear.

.... Phil

What has the resistance of the voice coil got to do with this? It is a
parasitic that produces nothing but heat. It is the resistive vector
of the reactive component that is of interest here.

And capacitances have infinite, not zero resistance. However, the
capacitive reactance would still cause current to flow. If you take
the RMS of that current and the driving voltage you get a figure that
looks like a power but isn't.