Posted to rec.audio.car
Tony F

Default Center Channel Speakers

Yes, that gives me a headache too, just thinking about it!! Although I have
to say that's a great idea making the enclosure behind the dash and venting
it via some sort of conduit. Sounds like something Bose would think of.

The other possibility would be to install a speaker on top of the dash,
firing up into the windshield. I'm not sure what's loated underneath the
dash, and if this is even a feasible option, but there are many new cars
coming from the factory nowadays with a center channel already built into
the top of the dash. (Holding head, wreathing in pain)

OR, one could use the double-DIN sized opening for their stereo to make a
flush mounted enclosure for a decent center channel, provided they have
somewhere else on the dash for their head unit. One could relocate the
heating & a/c controls, etc. (Hydrocodone anyone?)

Tony

--
2001 Nissan Maxima SE Anniversary Edition
Clarion DRZ9255 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and Xenon X1200.1

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP Head Unit, Phoenix Gold Ti500.4 Amp, Focal 165HC
Speakers & Image Dynamics ID8 D4 v.3 Sub