Posted to rec.audio.tech
Jack[_11_] Jack[_11_] is offline

Default Troubleshooting Pioneer SX-838 receiver - I cleaned the switches

I know that most of you who replied suggested that I do this before
anything and you have my apologies. After studying the schematics and
realizing my mistake in expecting the balance control to reflect the
switching of channels at the PRE OUT/MAIN IN RCA jacks (duh...), I
bought some switch cleaner from a nearby electronics supply place,
Electrosolve Contact Cleaner for Electronics, made by MG Chemicals, and
used it on the push button and flip switches and on all the pots. Now
it's just a matter of wait and see.