Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default MOSFET output stage

Jorden Verwer wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Jorden Verwer wrote:
Eeyore wrote:
Noise is AC
Offset is DC

End of story.
Not at all. You're oversimplifying. If offset were truly DC, it wouldn't
drift.

Drift is a different phenomenon unrelated to noise. Usually thermally

caused.
I meant drift of the offset. Of course drift is different from noise.
But offset really does have a lot in common with noise, when you think about
it.

Not at all in any remote way shape or form.

Also, noise is often thermally caused as well.

Do you think you're telling me something I don't already know. I keep
Boltzmann's Constant in my head for that pirpose.

Graham