"Harry Lavo" wrote in message
news

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Harry Lavo" wrote in message

"Jenn" wrote in message
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

IOW, I like classical and certain kinds of traditional
music, but I realize that my grandchildren see the
same music from 50+ years later.

Is teaching about the Revolutionary War less important
now than it was 50 years ago?

I think so. Increasingly true the more recent the war.
IOW The Korean war has lost tremendous importance, as
has WW2.

Gee, I think that it's just as important now to learn
about those events as it ever was.

Something about "those who fail to heed history, are
bound to.........".

There's a difference between heeding history and obsessing over it.

Right after WW2 the US arguably had a national obsession with WW2. As a
nation we mulled it over again and again. We had movies about it, TV
shows about it, magazine articles about it, books about it, and even a
president or two (Eisenhower and Kennedy) about it.

Imagine that. Simply because it was the biggest threat to freedom in the
world up until that time and a magnificent stand with an uncertain outcome
by the free people of the world. Obsessed? Shame on us!

Then why were so many people against joining in the war? Until Pearl
Harbor, and after there was a very large anti-war contingent.