Rich Andrews

Default Speaker Gaskets - Cork / Paper

"TC" wrote in news:sQsWb.459$987.631
@news1.mts.net:

Hi,

I am refoaming an old set of woofers and midranges.

I'd like to replace the now disintegrating neoprene foam gaskets

(finishing
trim ring) with maybe some pressed paper or cork.

Trying to find a source for those things is difficult. I'd rather not

have
to make my own out of cork sheets.

I'd like to ask if anybody has a source. I am out of Canada.

Drop me a line, I'd like to hear from you.

Thanks Fellas.

Some would argue that the gasket is not important but I believe that it
is.

The reason for foam is described at
http://www.roger-russell.com/drivers.htm#vibisolation

Aboput the only places that I can think of to get the stuff is an
automotive supply house, hardware store, McMaster-Carr, or possibly a car
dealer with a well stocked parts department.