Posted to rec.audio.pro
jwvm jwvm is offline

Default Audio filtering (was: Best equipment for stealth recording of voice (not music))

On Apr 7, 11:17 am, "R. L. Drake" wrote:

snip
"jwvm" suggested something from Acon Digital Media, which looks like it
has possibilities. Is this what you were referring to? If not, can you
tell me what computer application you had in mind? My expectations aren't
high at all, or at least I don't think they are... anything that will give
me decipherable output most of the time is fine for me, doesn't need to be
hi-fidelity or anything close to it.

The advantage of programs like Acoustica is that you can select a
portion of the waveform where there is only noise and let the program
figure out how to filter the data. It can greatly reduce background
noise although audible artifacts become apparent as noise suppression
increases. Audacity apparently has similar capabilities so given that
it is free, you might try that first. You can also download a trial
version of Acoustica if you want another option.