Chung

Stewart Pinkerton wrote:
On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 19:44:01 -0500, chung wrote:

Jenn wrote:

OK. I found it interesting that the sampling rate was higher on the LP
than it is on CD.

There is *NO* sampling rate on the LP. LP is analog.

She's referring to LPs such as Bop 'til You Drop, on which the
original recording was digital.

I wonder if that was common with the early digital
LPs.

Some early digital recordings were based on 44.1 KHz sampling rates.

Very few - they mostly used the SoundStream system, which was 50k.

Hmmm, I thought the Sony PCM-1630, a 44.1KHz sampling ADC, was very
commonly used, starting sometime in the '80's, although I am not sure
exactly when that was introduced.