Posted to rec.audio.pro
henrytj henrytj is offline

Default Zoom 4H digital recorder

I"m with MIke here. *dO it right, and while you're doing it
right, lose the painter's pole and get your boom op the
proper tool to work with. *IF you're asking folks to do it
for *the experience of doing it at least provide them the
proper equipment to learn how to actually do it. *bOoming
takes skill and a person might find they actually enjoy it
if you give them the proper tool to work with.
IT's a tough gig and can't be done well by a slacker. *Make
the job easier and show the person you expect to do it a bit
of respect as well. *tHey'll thank you. *Might even say they
had fun learning how to do something and come back tomorrow,
or next time you have a day to shoot.

Richard webb,
replace anything before at with elspider

Yes, having the ideal tool is great, but not always affordable. After
moving home to be the caregiver for my elderly mother I ran my savings
down to almost zero. I took some film production courses 30 years ago
back in college and I want to do something with that before I shuffle
off this mortal realm myself. So if I can use a $10 painter's pole,
instead of a $200 pro item, well then that's what I'll do. Of course,
if you want to throw some expensive pro stuff my way then I will be
happy to catch it and make use of it. :-).

Henry