Posted to rec.audio.pro
henrytj henrytj is offline

Default Zoom 4H digital recorder

On Jun 4, 2:31*pm, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

You can use it. *It doesn't stink. *It does not provide real confidence
monitoring, but life is like that. *It will probably be more reliable than
a wireless link to the camera.

Synchronization WILL require a slate. *Slate the beginning and end of
each take and don't try and skip a slate. *Have someone on set whose job
it is to keep a list of what camera files and what sound files go together
and with which takes.

I STRONGLY recommend, though, that you get a good hypercardioid before you
do anything else.

I also suggest that it is MUCH easier to keep a boom operator on your crew
if you have a real boom instead of a painter's pole. *I know, you can do it,
we have all done it, but after eight hours of holding the thing you will
have real trouble getting your boom op back for a second day.
"C'est un Nagra. *C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."

Thanks. It turns out that I've been the one that has been the boom op.
I have so far done both set photography and boom op. And been an extra
when absolutely needed.

25 years ago I did take film production courses back in college. And
now, that I am frequently out of work I have time to help out with
projects. So I'm trying to help out with everything.

Having a person for every job is rather iffy. As the projects I help
with are not paying its often difficult to get enough crew such that
people don't have to double up on positions.