Posted to rec.audio.high-end
~misfit~[_3_] ~misfit~[_3_] is offline

Default The end of R.A.H-E

Once upon a time on usenet Peter Wieck wrote:
It would be too bad if it were to die - but there is little life in
any case. Writing entirely for myself and from the position that
quality is in no way related to cost, it was always interesting to
see the various views and ideas.

Further to this, this is not, and has seldom been, a place to get
advice, help or suggestions with gear, either in the care/feeding or
purchasing aspects. Often legitimate questions and concerns would
either be dismissed or ignored.

Although I betcha if I were to troll 'this
wire/interconnect/capacitor is (insert elaborate descriptive here)
and so justifies (insert time and trouble here) at a (insert cost
here) premium, we would have half-a-dozen answers within a day, and
40+ in a week.

Leaving it unmoderated would be the most efficient way of providing a
venue for the few actually interested in this hobby, do nothing to
deter others and allow some lively discussions on off-topic, but
often relevant issues.

Seconded.

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things: