Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio

Default Here we go again!

In article . com,
Bret Ludwig wrote:
Exactly. It is permitted to "like them both". And even analog tape,
both via the ubiquitous A77 and even ~~SHUDDER~~ cassette or 8-Track.
I do own the mandatory A77, of course. A road-deck as it happens. It
even gets used on occasion. Also a few cassette decks, but never and
no 8-Tracks.

I agree 8 Tracks are dog****.

They sounded better than the average cassette of the day due to running at
twice the speed. I've got a rather rare Woolensack recorder with Dolby B
which uses ferrichrome tape. Just as good as a decent 1/4" at 7.5 ips. Of
course they all suffer from the limited track running time.

--
*The hardness of the butter is proportional to the softness of the bread *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.