Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

Default Here we go again!

"Ethan Winer" ethanw at ethanwiner dot com wrote in message
CDs contain only about half of that recorded information.

LOL, I wonder how he came up with "half." Arny, you should email him and

ask
for the exact formula he used to determine that. :-)

Firstly the quote is "about half", and my guess is he simply believes vinyl
has a possible frequency response to ~40kHz rather than 22 kHz, and doesn't
understand in the slightest the concepts of information theory.
Then he simply ignore the flatness of the response, the bass problems, noise
problems, distortion problems, speed problems and every other bloody problem
associated with vinyl, .

People here seem to forget the most important thing though, such writers are
*PAID* to write such crap for the audio rags.
The people here waste their time endlessly for free.

Who is really smarter then :-)

MrT.