Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Default Here we go again!

On Aug 30, 1:38 pm, John Byrns wrote:

I like them both, the LP has the edge in the information carrying
capacity of the jacket, while the CD has the edge in convenience.

Exactly. It is permitted to "like them both". And even analog tape,
both via the ubiquitous A77 and even ~~SHUDDER~~ cassette or 8-Track.
I do own the mandatory A77, of course. A road-deck as it happens. It
even gets used on occasion. Also a few cassette decks, but never and
no 8-Tracks.

One would think that the sole-and-entire purpose of the hobby is to
have fun with it. Those that perforce must make a living at it, and
those who believe that they are God's Gift to the hobby and its
bleeding edge will see things differently of course. Writing for
myself, I am happy to putter about with what crosses my path, learning
a little as I go and spending a good deal of time being pleasantly
surprised at what I hear and what I do. And I can rest in the certain
knowledge that *nothing* I do will be cause for earth-shattering
revelations... the pressure is 'off' in other words.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA
Kutztown Space 338