Stewart Pinkerton

Default Recommend crossover capacitors, values?

On 18 Oct 2003 00:30:21 GMT, Joseph Oberlander
wrote:

Stewart Pinkerton wrote:

For film caps, this is absolutely untrue. Anything made in the last 25
years or so has an almost indefinite lifetime, while electrolytics of
the same vintage only 'dry out' if they are in a hot environment such
as a tube amplifier.

You'd be amazed at how much older equipment used electroyltics.
Oh - ozone/smog hurts them as well.

I've been an electronics engineer for 35 years - I'm very familiar
with older equipment! Besides, you specifically stated that you change
*film* capacitors.