Joseph Oberlander

Default Recommend crossover capacitors, values?

Steve Cohn wrote:

In article ,
John Stone wrote:

If the existing film caps are polystyrenes, I wouldn't
bother replacing them at all. Polystyrenes are about as
good as it gets for crossover caps. They are very stable
and would not go bad unless the system was heavily overdriven.

Well, they look like polystyrenes, but I can't be sure. Even so, they're
20 years old. Don't they degrade over time?

Most definately. IMO, replacing them every 5-10 years makes a bigger
difference than osbessing over what type you use.