Mike Rivers

Default Good _Switched_ Power Cord?

And speaking of power cords and outlet strips, there was an article in
today's Washington Post (it's probably everywhere by now) about an
audit of the contractor that was interviewing new passenger screeners
for the Transportation Security Agency. Apparently they decided to do
the interviews in hotels and subcontracted to a company that sets up
things in hotels.

They were paying (and passing on to the Government) rental fees like
$5/day for an extension cord - 14 of them for three weeks to the tune
of $1540, and 140 power strips at $25 each (rental period not
specified) for a total of $3500. Those people are making more money on
cables than Monster.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )