Posted to rec.audio.tech
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Want to design a 3-way speaker with "extreeeem" excursion

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com
On 11/1/2010 12:17 PM ChrisCoaster spake thus:

On Nov 1, 7:52 am, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:
"ChrisCoaster" wrote in message

I'm thinking about a speaker line, both a bookshelf
and a floorstanding model. Standard 8-16ohm
impedance, current state of art materials, with as
low-resonance a cabinet as humanly possible. Speaker
would be a sealed unit, capable of handling anywhere
from 50-200W. The midrange might also be visibly moved, especially
on tracks with strong transient drums(think
early-to-mid era Genesis or just about anything from
LZ).

This is a rediculous cosmetic-only requirement.

[snip]

Sigh...Why couldn't everyone be more like Dick Pierce?(a
little heavy on the math, but otherwise takes time to
lay it out in plain terms)

Math is by definition *Not* "plain terms".

Arny is what I'd call a sourpuss.

Nahh, just being very blunt because it seems to be requried to penetrate all
of the fuzzy thinking.

Very knowledgable, yes,
but then, so is Dick Pierce, who was kind enough to
indulge quite a bit of ignorance here (including my own)
in a civil way. If you can't discuss things on their
lofty level, folks like Arny just turn up their noses at
you.

Actually Chris, it is you who are turning your nose up at me.

Once you're aware of this it ceases to be a problem.

If it wasn't a problem, you wouldn't be libelling me this way.

Just another case of a good deed failing to go unpunished. ;-)