Posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil W Phil W is offline

Default Digital noise from speakers in flight simulator (X-Plane)

"John Doe" :

FWIW... Before upgrading my main monitor last week, I tried the
built-in speakers and did not notice the noise. But difficult to
hear anything on those built-in monitor speakers.

The HDMI audio extractor (Tripp Lite P130-000-AUD4K6) should tell
that one. If there is still noise, through the 3.5 mm stereo output
jack, I will assume the SPDIF on the extractor link would not work
either, that the noise is introduced before that point.

Good luck, that it helps.

I will lose the SoundBlaster equalizer software, using HDMI audio,
but I suppose there is a replacement.

IF you´re using Windows, you might want to check out:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/
in conjunction with
https://sourceforge.net/projects/pea...apo-extension/

as a "system-wide" EQ - can be activated and DEactivated easily.

Phil