Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Iain Churches[_2_] Iain Churches[_2_] is offline

Default 6N1P conflicting heater/cathode voltage specs

"tubegarden" wrote in message
Hi RATs!

I am not sure, neither. I love the 6N1P and have used it in many
circuits. I do not design circuits with anything near 100V between
heater and cathode.

I put a a V-Cap between the 6AU6 and 6BN8 in an AA-161 amp today. It
is new, so it will be some weeks before I can feel confident in saying
it seems to work. I used a similar rated MusiCap in the other 161 in
the same location and circuit. They measured 0.1047 and 0.1044 uF, so
no meaningful comparison can be made

I love soldering new parts into old amps

I am easily amused.

Happy Ears!
Al

Hi Al. Nice to come back from holiday and see you
posting. Hope you are well.

What drives people to build circuits with 250 volts between the
cathode and the heater?

Perhaps some folks are even crazier than me?

Not at all. With cathode folllowers and mu followers
the cathode is always at a considerably higher potential
thant the DC heater. I usualy put the heater at 95V to
decrease the differential with a floating heater suply.

Regards
Iain