Mark Stebbeds

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 03:57:16 +0000, Fletcher
wrote:

I know I have "masters" at my house, as well as at my office... many of
these masters are indeed owned by record companies who didn't want to
store them/"outtake reels" at the end of the project, and the studio
didn't want to store them at the end of the project... so in many
cases, I got stuck with them.

Yeah, I have dozens of master 24 tracks here also, but most of the two
track masters ended up at the label after mastering. I've also been
on the receiving end of managing a major artist's tapes at a storage
facility here in LA, when the artist ****ed off in England for years
and didn't pay his bill.

I question the fact that the guy had 300 tapes, and the fact that they
were removed from RCE's temperature controlled vaults. It's a well
known fact that RC was one of the first artistst to own his masters
while under contract with a major. In a local newspaper here in town,
there was specific mention that RCE was looking for the master of
"Georgia On My Mind" which they found at Howard's place. And in the
article, it says the tapes in question were missing over a one year
period, not twenty years.

I am aware that Howard had a twenty year relationship with RC. The
guy's attorney is quoted as saying he suspects there was jealosy with
certain people at RCE, and this was a revenge thing.

We'll see how it all plays out. Like you, I am going to make an
effort to get some of these tapes out of my office, even the demoes.
If someone kicks the bucket, I dont' want the gestapo knocking my door
down because of some ex-wife looking to get in the middle.

Mark