Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Delay strangeness

On 12/12/2020 3:22 am, Tobiah wrote:
Practically any Delay plugin should behave as you expect by default,
I would have thought.

I would have thought so too.Â* I was using reaDelay within Reaper.
I sends the first echo at 100%, and then applies the feedback
percentage after that.Â* I always thought it was an unfortunate
quirk in that plugin, but I recently tried a couple of unrelated
free delay plugins and they behaved the same way.Â* The problem
is most notable at lower feedback levels.

Just checked on my Reaper and in ReaDelay simply adjust the 'Wet Out'
control for the desired level of the first delay repeat, and subsequent
repeats are relative to that.

Then ' Save Preset'.

geoff