Posted to rec.audio.pro
James Price[_6_] James Price[_6_] is offline

Default Will home recording kill commercial studios?

On Friday, December 11, 2020 at 12:27:26 PM UTC-6, Scott Dorsey wrote:
James Price wrote:
Vinyl record sales have been steadily increasing year after year starting
around 2010. It rebounded from $36 million in 2006 to $700 million in
2019, and in the US, 2020 unit sales are up over 17% from 2019. A large
share of vinyl purchases still happen in stores, though the virus that
shall not be named has undoubtedly slowed growth this year. So, for
the moment, the vinyl industry is viable.

Unless you want new releases, because nobody is cutting anything new
because we can't get lacquers.

Does 2019's "When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?" by Billie Eilish
and Harry Style's "Fine Line" count?