Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Will home recording kill commercial studios?

On 11/12/2020 15:02, knadles wrote:

I'm really not sure what you're getting at, other than trying to be contrarian. If you want to believe there are many brick and mortar recording studios and it's still a dynamic, viable business model, invest in one. Maybe you'll get lucky.

I intend to, but it will be a multi purpose space allowing performances
as well, and I reckon I'll be busy enough to pay the running costs at
least. I'm not planning on getting rich quick.

I'll leave that to the other half dozen studio owners in town, who all
seem to be doing well enough to stay in business. As the market segment
I'm aiming at is empty at the moment, I'm not competing with them.

(In the UK, city population about a quarter of a million.)

--
Tciao for Now!

John.