Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah[_6_] Tobiah[_6_] is offline

Default Delay strangeness

I have a need for the type of delay effect that I
used to run a guitar through when I was a kid.
I really only need adjustments for delay time
and feedback.

So I've tried a few VST plugins, but they all
seem to suffer from a behavior that makes them
difficult to use to get the effect I'm looking
for.

The problem is that if I set the feedback to
50% say, I hear the original sound, then 'delay'
seconds later, that sound again at full volume,
followed by the usual tapering volume thereafter.
Something like this:

| |
| |
| |
| |
| | |
| | |
| | | |
| | | | |

When what I want is:

| |
| |
| | |
| | | |

Now, I realize that I can lower the output of the delay
so that the first echo is at the correct volume, but then
I have to fiddle with that level every time I adjust the
feedback level.

Anyone know of a free or low cost delay plugin that behaves
the way my old guitar pedals used to?