Posted to rec.audio.tubes
[email protected] ilh.cho@gmail.com is offline

Default Yaqin MC10L

My friend could indeed find that the tubes are 6N1.
Thanks for the info.
The amp is still in my friend's house. Well, he is almost 60 years old
and have very bad eye sight. Also, he did not know about 6N1 at all. He
told me that his tube catalog book has 6N3, but not 6N1.
What would be a better tube for replacement?

They probably ordered a containerload at $200 each and sell them for
$600 and there is no parts support, no documentation, and no one to
come back at when it catches on fire, or shorts out its power
transformer and shocks the **** out of some kid.

It may well be true. The thing is I sort of knew it. To make a profit
by selling the amp at around $500~$600 from Hong Kong, the seller must
have got them just at around $200, definitely not more than $300.

I bought it most out of curiosity. Before buying it, I asked several
folks who already owns it, and the response was also not quite bad.

My friend's system is 35W Dynaco separate tube amps. They are more than
30 years old vintage model. He feels that the sound of his and my amps
are different, but cannot tell if one is decisively better than the
other. The reliability factor needs to be seen.

Anyway, any recommendation on speaker set for a 50W integrated tube
amp? I am thinking of spending around $1000 for used one, which would
be noticeably better than Klipsch KLF20 and B&W CE 603 S2. Only if I
could find Klipsch LaScala or Cornwall at around $1000!

Again, thanks for help.