Posted to sci.electronics.components,rec.audio.pro
Zeldus

Default Electret and loud music

"Arny Krueger" a écrit dans le message de news:

Some people say it's 95 DB SPL which it seems low...

I've looked at the spec sheets for mics like those in cell phones, and
they specified marginally linear operation at something like 114 dB.
That's not the point of damage, that's the 10% THD point.

Thanks for the informations.
And in a very loud sound condition (stronger than night clubs like
industrial tools or guns shoots, higher than 130 DB), is there a risk of
damage if the cell phone is switched off ? I mean is there a difference if
the cell phone is on or off for the damage risk because of the sound
conditions)

Thanks,

Zeldus