Fabio Berutti

Hmmm... I suppose that my testing line-up will be the following:

- Chet Baker, "Broken Wings" on 180 grams vinyl
- Thorens TD126 MkIII
- Shure V15-VI
- homebrew tube preamp (EF86+ECC88)
- homebrew line amp (ECC81)
- homebrew power amp (EC86/2A3)
- mother-supplied microphones on the sides of my head
- inboard analog signal processor (sometimes called brain)
- 15yrs Barbancourt rum
- Swiss bitter chocolate
- European common cat if available (purring is a benchmark for 50Hz noise.
American cats are surely tuned to 60)
- 5kg hammer to smash the phone in case of incoming calls

Definitely not scientific, but more fun.

Anyway, I suppose that I'll do something, someday, with my PC sound card and
a mike. The answers I got were quite helpful, thanks to all.

Ciao

Fabio

"Fabio Berutti" ha scritto nel messaggio
Dear RATs,

a question posed by Mr. Turner about my new LS is now puzzling me: what
kind of stuff is needed to test a loudspeaker? Is it possible to do it
with some VERY cheap microphone and the sound card included in any PC? I
don't want to spend a lot of $ in Bruel&Kjaer professional testing
equipments....

Ciao

Fabio