Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,alt.music.home-studio
David Nebenzahl

Default Yahama "natural sound" amp specs?

AZ Nomad spake thus:

On Tue, 23 May 2006 12:43:04 -0700, David Nebenzahl wrote:

Gold-plated connectors? "Digital-ready"? Rack-mounting? Power supplies
that can supply 1000% of the maximum overload current?

gold-plated connectors which wear off on the twenties reconnection;
I'd rather have nickel if I was reconnecting them a lot.

digital ready? BFD: that's a phrase slapped on everything down
to crappy sony headphones over the last 25 years.

rack mounting? OK. 1 difference.

PS that can handle 10x their overload current? I'd rather have an amp
that didn't blow out it's output stages in a heartbeat.

I was being sarcastic, if you didn't catch that.

D "I don't use smileys" N

--
I hope that in a few years it [Wikipedia] will be so bloated that it
will simply disintegrate, because I can't stand the thought that this

- Horst Prillinger (see
http://homepage.univie.ac.at/horst.p...06/000623.html)