dave mad on sounds

Default Rogers LS6a suitability bass driver

Having bought a pair of Rogers ls6a speakers last week I hooked them
up to my 80 watt Plinius pre power amp and spent a great night
listening to a variety of music reggae, rock , jazz. The next day I
had an opportunity to test the ls6as at higher volumes. The music was
loud with the amp between 70% and 80% load. I was listening to
Leftfield "Leftism" and ON-U sound system. This music is quite bassy
and electronic. I didn't hear any distortion but then at the same
volume there was a small amount. I turned down the speakers with evry
thing still seeming okay. When I returned to play music later there
was a problem with one speaker. Even at moderate
volume the bass is indistinct distorted and rattley. I transferred the
bass driver from one cabinet to other and have isolated this as the
problem. I have a couple of question as to how to proceed and also
avoid the problem in the future.
1 Do you think I should send just the bass driver and ask that it be
repaired by having the coil rewound (the likely problem) or the
complete speakers and have them fully tested graphed and serviced.
2 Should I be able to play this bassy electronic music at higher
volumes or should I adopt a more conservative approach? I would be
satisfied with using these speakers at moderate volumes but would like
to be able to have an occasional party with some dance music. Is this
unsuitable?
3 The speakers came with stands and were on these when the problem
occurred however these didn't have their spikes down as I hadn't set
them up yet and because the floor is wooden. Could this create the
issue the speaker stand where the damaged bass driver was did afford
some movement due to unevenness? A possible cause?

I dearly love these speakers and would like suggestions as to how to
maximize my listening pleasure.

Dave Winter