Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Mat Nieuwenhoven Mat Nieuwenhoven is offline

Default Attenuate highest highs?

On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 01:19:43 +1300, ~misfit~ wrote:

I have a pair of 2-way speakers that I like very much - except they go too
high and are too bright. They're Sony SSK-30s and otherwise make great
near-field monitors in my office. They image and reproduce voice
exceptionally
well.

It is possible there is a nasty resonance in the tweeter. That can
only be determined by measuring the speaker, but requires some
hardware (electret microphone, analog audio input/output
possibility), you don't need a 'dead' room for that. If you can go
that route, check out www.artalabs.hr, I have no relation with them.

Mat Nieuwenhoven