Posted to rec.audio.tech
gregz gregz is offline

Default Bose 901

Dick Pierce wrote:
gregz wrote:
You will also find a delay of the 30 Hz since it's below resonance, the
spider will slow it down and cause a phase shift.

Uh, no. The spider does not "slow it down and cause a
phase shift." Whatever phase shift exists is not because
the "spider slows it down."

I guessed. When I was trying to figure out transmission line speakers, I
experimented with a 6.5 inch driver and a pipe. I was trying to figure out
delays along the pipe with stuffing. I first used the generator as sync and
measured various lengths along pipe. What was predicted was lower
frequencies having longer delays through stuffing. Until I placed a second
mic right behind the driver did I discover the delay was caused by the
driver. This was below resonate frequency of driver. I never found the
predicted longer delay at lower frequencies according to at least one
paper.

Greg

Thats all I'm going to rehash about the 901,

That's good to know.

plenty of old stuff in the archives.

And just like the Internet in general, some of it right,
some of it wrong, and much of it irrelevant.