James Boyk

Default Tonearm Mass and Suitable Cart - was Choosing Hi-Fi Cart/Stylus

Doughboy wrote: Thanks for the useful info.

You're very welcome.

...It does seem that the OM DJ E is my best
bet. The Shure V-15V/MR (or even the M97xE) is too expensive for me.
As for the isolation issue, I'll just use headphones to monitor when
recording to avoid any complications, although I think the turntable's
feet offer quite good isolation.

This is *extremely* unlikely. I've never seen feet that did. The only good isolation I've ever seen has come from a subchassis suspension a la Linn Sondek, AR or other similar turntables. But if the support is solid and there's no sound field for the turntable to need isolation from, things should be copacetic, as we used to say here in the '70's.

I probably shouldn't have used that word. I was just trying to convey
that I want to purchase a cartridge suitable for making reasonably
high quality recordings.

Of course I know nothing about these cartridges' sound quality, so you're on your own.

Good luck.

jb