Stewart Pinkerton

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 06:05:03 +0100, Don Pearce
wrote:

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 18:38:51 -0400, Arny Krueger wrote:

The problem with this
approach is that it created its own distortion called
gumming.

I've heard of a lot of weird stuff, but I've never heard of
gumming distortion.

Hee hee! I think he is perhaps referring to Gm doubling during the phase
when both output trannies are conducting.

Yep, and the better designers don't do this at all - they set the bias
point so that the Gm of one device has fallen off to about half the
usual value, at the crossover point.