dave weil

Default A Comparison

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 07:39:07 GMT, "
wrote:

Krell 350 Watt monoblocks @ $17,500.00 per pair
350 watts wpc @ 8 Ohms
700 wpc @4 Ohms
1400 wpc @ 2 Ohms
Signal to noise = 118db 95 db @ 2.83 V
THD = .05% 20 Hz - 20 kHz
Input Impedance = 100 K Ohms
Input Sensitivity = 2.6v RMS for max power
Voltage gain = 26.4 db

QSC PLX 3402 Stereo amp $1200.00
700 wpc @ 8 Ohms
1100 wpc @ 4 ohms
1700 wpc @ 2 ohms
Signal to noise 107 db
THD = .03% 20 Hz - 20 kHz
Input Impedance = 6 K ohms
Input sensitivity = 1.9 Volts @ 8 ohms
Voltage gain = 32 db

I figure you get the QSC and either modify it by adding heat sinks or
replacing the fans with very quiet ones,
and still have saved around $15,000.00 and not be able to hear any
difference.

If you have a difference of opinion, please provide the technical reason why
you disagree
that would account for any differences in sound quality.

Go ahead Robert, get technical, I'm sure I can find someone to translate if
it gets to technical for what you think is my lack of brainpower.

As a staunch objectivist, don't you consider your own statement pretty
absurd?

Please tell us how you can make a statement about difference between
these two components without a dbt?