Posted to comp.dsp,rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.design
JosephKK[_3_] JosephKK[_3_] is offline

Default THD+N, Dynamic Range, Noise floor

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 05:21:19 -0800 (PST), Mahen K wrote:

I am trying to build a USB sound card and trying to finalize the
specs. It will have USB to I2S converter (part of PCM2706) connected
to DAC. Since PCM2706 is only doing USB to I2S format conversion,
samples (WAV) and sample rate (16 bit, 48Khz) remain unchanged. Shall
I safely take that PCM2706 USB-I2S conversion will not alter the
following parameters before passing the digital audio to the DAC.
(assuming no jitter)

THD+N
Noise Floor
Dynamic Range
SNR

Thanks
-m

That should be OK, however, you will need data buffering to deal
with the bursty, discontinuous nature of USB.