Posted to rec.audio.tech
Jack[_11_] Jack[_11_] is offline

Default Troubleshooting Pioneer SX-838 receiver - second posting, mistakescorrected

Jack wrote:
I found where the value of the AC voltages diverge between the same
transistors on the right and left channel. There are a pair of 2SA726's
in each channel and the value for these is exactly the same across all
pins in both channels. The next transistor down the signal path is a
single 2SC1451 in each circuit. The AC voltages of all the pins reads
0.0 volts except for the collector on the good right channel and that
reads 2.6v

Next down the path are two each 2SD358 and 2SB528, one in each channel.
The voltages are as follows (these were read at a lower volume setting
than those above):

2SD358
Right Channel----- E 4.4 -- B 5.1 -- C 90.3
Left Channel----- E 0.6 -- B 1.8 -- C 90.4

2SB528
Right Channel----- E 3.2 -- B 2.6 -- C 0.0
Left Channel----- E 0.0 -- B 0.0 -- C 0.0

Now I have to puzzle out what to do next :-)

I just realized that when taking the AC voltage readings on the 2SA726's
I had to turn the volume up to accommodate the 200 v scale on the meter
and this caused the problem to disappear, so those readings that were so
perfect have to be thrown out because the problem did not exist when I
took them. (grrr) The readings for the 2SC1451's are good.