Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Digitizing Old Cassette Tapes

wrote ...
If you have Protools, then dump the audio into Protools with your Digi
interface;

Thanks for the input, David.

Can you suggest how I would interface the cassette deck's RCA
connections with the Mbox's inputs? (Here's a photo of the back of
the Mbox and its inputs: http://tinyurl.com/yop3mt )

With a stereo cable with RCA jacks on the cassette deck end,
and 1/4-inch phone plugs (or adapters) on the Mbox end. They
would plug in to the Mbox where it says "line (TRS)"

Or just dump the cassettes' output to the Audio In of your Mac into
Garageband.

Could I accomplish that with a stereo RCA to mini-jack adapter plugged
into the line level input on the back of my Mac Pro? Would that give
a decent quality result?

Unless you are attempting to do some very high-level audiophile
cassette resoration with some high-end Nakamichi machine,
the quality in a typical computer sound card is likely more than
adequate. At least IMHO.