Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Steven Sullivan

Default Recommended SACDs

---MIKE--- wrote:
The original question was never completely answered. I am looking for
classical SACDs (preferably large orchestral ones) that show an obvious
rear channel ambience. I have noticed this on some movie DVDs but so
far not on SACDs. I want to know that surround sound is doing
something.

what constitutes an 'obvious' rear channel ambience?

If you mean, a sense of space absent from the two-channel,
the Kleiber 'Beethoven 5/7' SACD/DVD-A on DG fits the bill.

--
-S
"The most appealing intuitive argument for atheism is the mindblowing stupidity of religious