Pink_isn't_well wrote:
"Richard Crowley" wrote on Fri, 01 Jul
2005 22:50:43 GMT in rec.audio.tech:

Or maybe the subwoofer level adjustment is broken.
Doesn't seem to have an actual hardware pot. Uses
some kind of remote control(?)

Wired control. It works, if I turn it up the effect is even worse. I
guess they make them that way so they can give stronger effects with
games and movies.

I don't know how many systems use compensation, but the one I have on
my computer obviously has some form of loudness or automatic control
of the bass driver, a 3 piece unit. The response depends on the volume.
I could never get it right by any adjustmet or positioning, always too
much
low bass, or I should say too much upper bass.

It sounds like it would be much easier if you were back in the 70's,
with all those spectrum analyzers that were available back then.
They came with a mic, and with pink noise or warble tones, you could
get a rough look at what your looking for. They are still there
on Ebay.

greg