Pink_isn't_well wrote:
(Don Pearce) wrote on Tue, 28 Jun 2005
14:03:54 GMT in rec.audio.tech:

I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but unless you are prepared
to get really serious, give up with this plan.

So there is absolutely no way I can get an idea of my speakers' FR
without spending thousands and moving them to some sort of
professional chamber?

Well, not THOUSANDS, but around about a kilobuck if you want
reliable, consistent, repeatable results. Do a web search for
something called ClioWin, which is a purpose-built measurement
system for Windows including a very reasonable microphone.

There are other packages which can be had cheaper, but require
more care and knowledge using them.