Posted to alt.guitar.bass,rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.bass,rec.audio.tech,alt.audio.equipment
Kloka-mo' Kloka-mo' is offline

Default Help wiring speakers

I'd suspect your lack of bass is caused by the design of the cabinet as
well.

And being a bassist, let me say that a lot of guitarists use too much bass,
and they don't need to, if they are playing with a bassist. Playing with
the amp settings when you are alone is great and all, but you should NOT use
those same settings when the band shows up. You all need to share the sonic
space, and... give the bassist the bass duties. Stay up in guitar range.
As a band... your sound will be much better.

--
-rob Bartlett, TN
/(\)
"Ka-el" wrote in message
oups.com...

Mike Rivers wrote:

These people will bicker forever over words and not really answer your
question. But the problem is that we don't really know what your
question is. Several people have explained how impedances combine in
series and parallel, but you won't really get any more assistance than
that until you let us know WHY you want to "upgrade" to 8 ohm speakers.
Do you just haver some 8 ohm speakers that you think sound better than
the originals?

Thanks for your reply.. I started to get a headache just reading all
the inputs
My problem is No low-end at all my 4x10 Hartke guitar cabinet.. my
amp is a Peavy XXL
which sounds better on my Buddy's Marshall cabinet..

What amplifier are you using it with? Is it a Hartke amplifier, or just
a Hartke speaker cabinet? What is the power rating and impedance of the
amplifier? If you're trying to make it louder, you may not be able to
do so. One amplifier may have its peak power at 4 ohms, while another
may have its peak power at 2 ohms, or 8 ohms, but all be called "100
watts."

Just wanna get some more rumble or bass on my Amp.. I was told the
Stock Celestion
on the Hartke GH410a cabinet is crap ?

Also, that stereo/mono wiring with a switch sounds pretty complicated.
Do you need to retain that capability?

I would like to retain that Stereo monitoring switch, but whichever
way that works w/ four 8 Ohms speakers is fine.