thelizman

Default The FAQ needs a major update

Lee wrote:

Leaving the door open for anyone to simply drop off an update isn't
going to get it done.

Then why don't you write something for the FAQ instead of STEALING it?

The FAQ was created through the efforts of many, and it didn't just
come into being as a result of many spontaneously submitting articles
-- it required someone to facilitate its creation.

As I recall, it did start with a bunch of people spontaneously
submitting articles to Jeffrey Curtis. Ian took over from Curtis ca 1995.

Updating the FAQ will require the same sort of time and effort, or it
will never get done.

So why don't you send Ian something?

No, I am suggesting he do what the maintainer should do, actively
pursue updates as outlined above.

That's not how it works. Besides, think about this (if you're capable of
such). Who wants a FAQ which is just one mans mouthpiece.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

teamROCS Car Audio Forums
http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.