Posted to rec.audio.tech
XYLOPHONE XYLOPHONE is offline

Default Crosley Revolution Portable turntable CR-6002 speed problem!

Hello,
I have here one of the New generation Sound Burger clones.
It is the Crosley Portable turntable called "Revolution" model
CR-6002.

The problem is that the motor is running too fast! How would it be
possible to regulate it to the right speeds to 33 1/3 and 45 rpm?

I unmounted the unit, but could not find where to adjust that.
The spindle motor is there, with 2 small belts, meaning there is an
intermediate spindle between the motor spindle and the platter
spindle. I checked the belts and everything seems all right.

Any help to solve this problem? It's quite annoying, because the speed
increase can sometimes be felt while listening. A song lasting 3:16 on
at normal speed on a stroboscopic turntable barely lasts 3:10 on this
one.

Thanks in advance.
Luc