Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Default Tube Amp - Autoformer - Speakers

GerryE123 wrote:

A belated thank you to everyone who responded, especially Patrick and Andre!
I knew there's more to this than a simple answer. Also, some of the
technical stuff is above my knowledge, but at least I have a better
understanding of it.

Patrick, you were correct, I was referring to the Speltz Zero Impedance
autoformers:

http://www.zeroimpedance.com/Zero-New.html

I could ignore the technical cosiderations and just take Speltz up on his
60-day free trial.

Gerry

Two guys here in Oz bought Zero Z trannies and are happy.
Not necessarily because they got more maximum power but because they
were prepared to trade away the maximum power rating at clipping for
more class A power within the first 10 watts with higher amp load, thus
getting better DF and lower THD/IMD.

Now ppl are thinking twice because our aud is now only usd $0.66c

The US has troubles with sub-prime, our dollar crashes. Queer.

But the Zero's work OK. Anyone could wind their own if they wanted to.
Its all thick wire on big cores and not too many turns.

Patrick Turner.