Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Default Opera: Good acoustics with digital piano or bad acoustics withacoustic piano

Richard Crowley wrote:

But regardless of the *sound* of the instrument, if the keyboard does
not have the classical piano hammer-action "feel", you are placing a
significant hardship on the accompanist. This has the potential of
significantly affecting the performance and the recording.

You're absolutely right, but that's a totally different problem. The
deadline for the audition will be long past before we get the pianist
involved.

This is a session that needs a budget and a producer, or else he should
just stick up a mic in his living room, record what happens, pick the
best take, burn a CD, and go out and hear some good jazz.

me he
)