Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jenn[_3_] Jenn[_3_] is offline

Default Opera: Good acoustics with digital piano or bad acoustics with acoustic piano

In article ,
"David Grant" wrote:

I'm doing an opera recital recording for my client's audition cd. I have the
option of doing the recording in my not-so-hot sounding livingroom with an
acoustic baby grand or at a local church with nice acoustics but a roland
digital piano.

Since the vocalist is the feature, the obvious choice would seem to be the
church, but as I have no past experience doing opera in my livingroom or
recording digital pianos I'd love a bit of reassurance!

Thanks,

Dave

The "thing" is the sound of the SINGER. The listeners might hate the
sound of the digital "piano" but they are listening to the voice, so the
recording must use whatever space/recording techniques, etc. that make
the voice sound best.